Dr.-Ing. Ajay B Harish
Dr.-Ing. Ajay B Harish is presently a Group Leader at the Institute of Continuum Mechanics of Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH). He is presently leading a research group on “Mechanics of Contact & Interfaces.” His research focuses on the application of contact mechanics across applications ranging from Aeronautics to Biomechanics. He holds a Doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering from LUH; Master of Science & Engineer degrees in Aeronautics from Caltech; Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal.
He was also awarded the Best Student in Mechanics award by Mechanics Section of Leibniz Gesellschaft in Jan-2017; Viktor-Rizkallah award by the Leibniz Gesellschaft in Dec-2016; Was one of the seven finalists on the 2015 Robert J. Melosh Medal Competition.
Dr. Kumbakonam Rajagopal
Texas University, USA
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1978.
- M.S., Illinois Institute of Technology (lIT), 1974.
- B. Tech, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), 1973.
- Continuum mechanics and its applications to Non-linear materials.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Professor Regents Professor Forsyth Chair in Mechanical Engineering.
- Eringen Medal, Society of Engineering Science, 2004
- Archie Higdon Award, American Society of Engineering Education, 2005
- Memorial Medal, Charles University, Prague, 2006
- ISI Highly Cited Researcher, 2010
- Fellow, The Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2010
- Honoris Causa, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, 2010
- Honoris Causa, Charles University, Prague, 2012
- Honoris Causa, Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi”, Iasi, 2013
- TUS President’s Award, Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo, 2014
- President’s award for Distinguished Visitors, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, 2016
- Special issues (3 issues), Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids in honor of K. R. Rajagopal’s contributions to the field of Mechanics, 2015
- Special Issue of Mathematical Models and Methods of Applied Sciences, On the occasion of K. R. Rajagopal’s 60th Birthday, Volume 21, 1 (2011)
- Special Issue of Applications of Mathematics, Dedicated to K. R. Rajagopal’s 60th Birthday, Volume 56, 1 (2011)
- Special Issue (4 issues) International Journal of Advances in Engineering Science and Applied Mathematics, Dedicated K. R. Rajagopal’s 60th birthday, 3, (2011)
- Special Issue of The International Journal of Structural Changes in Solids, On the Occasion of K. R. Rajagopal’s 60th birthday, 3, 3 (2011)
Dr. Satish Vasu Kailas
Professor Kailas obtained his Bachelor of Technology Degree from the Government Engineering College, Trichur, Calicut University in 1986 and his Master of Engineering and PhD at the Indian Institute of Science in 1989 and 1994, respectively. He carried out postdoctoral research at IISc and National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA from 1994-97. He is at IISc since 1997 and is presently a Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He is presently carrying out research in Tribology, Friction Stir Welding and Metal Forming. Other interests include development of Eco-friendly lubricants and Eco-friendly processing. He has published over 100 peer reviewed Journal articles and chapters in books. He also authored the course on Materials Science for the NPTEL program and published a book “Liberation Through Education”.
Dr . Raju
Dr. Raju, a Chartered Engineer has a mix of rich Academic, Research and Industry experience. He has worked on various projects on Automobile, Naval, Aerospace and Bio-medical fields. Upon completion of his BE in Automobile Engineering at the University of Mysore (Malnad College of Engineering), Dr. Raju completed his masters and PhD at the University of New South Wales, Sydney. He was a teaching and research academic for a decade. Dr. Raju was one of the key experts in Composites and Structural Health Monitoring with Airbus-QuEST, working on design and analysis of Airbus A350 Composite Wings and Nacelle structures. His expertise areas are: Advanced composite structures, Dental materials, Structural Health Monitoring, photonics, FEA and Progressive failure analysis.
The current project at UNSW is on development of novel dental restorative materials, composites with Glass fibres and Nanotubes.
- Research Fellow, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW, 2017-
- Associate Professor, Department of Research and Development, Visvesvaraya Technological University, India, 2016-2017
- Senior Aircraft Structural Analyst, QuEST Global Engineering (Airbus), India, 2011-2016
- Runner-up for Best team of the year – 2015 – United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS), QuEST Global Engineering, India
- Chartered Engineer from Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), UK, 2014-
- Finalist for the ‘The Malcolm Chaikin Prize for Research Excellence in Engineering’, Best PhD Thesis award, UNSW, Australia, 2012
- Winner of Best Technical paper with a cash prize of Rs. 100,000 at MSC Software User Conference, Bangalore, India, 2013
- Winner of Best Technical paper with a cash prize of Rs. 100,000 at MSC Software User Conference, Bangalore, India, 2014
- Technical Expert in ‘Composite Structures & Non Destructive Evaluation’, within a headcount of 8000 Engineers at QuEST Global Engineering, 2012-2016
© All rights reserved to Malnad College of Engineering
Made with ❤ by VSTEK